Terms and Conditions
Every aspect of our operation is designed to put safety first but not all risks can be eliminated. Our aim is to manage risk to acceptable levels. Pedalmore, or the operator on the day has responsibility for all safety decisions. Your safety and enjoyment is our first priority.
Assumption of risk and release of liability
- Hydrobikes are an outdoor water activity and as such there is an inherent risk of real or significant injury, illness, death and/or permanent disability associated with any water activity even though particular rules, equipment and personal disciplines may reduce risk; and,
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of Pedalmore, or others, and assume all responsibility for my participation; and,
- I understand the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind altering drugs, before and/or during the activity and I take full responsibility for any injury, loss or damage associated with their consumption; and,
- I also agree to abide by and comply and rules, instructions or directions properly given to me by any staff member, and understand that such non-compliance may result in injury, illness, death and/or permanent disability or removal from the activity at my own expense and I agree to indemnify Pedalmore against all claims made by any person as a result of my failure to comply; and,
- I am mentally, physically and in all other respects fit and fully able to use the hydrobikes and have no special medical requirements or conditions except as described in the ‘medical questionnaire’ to participate in the activity. The release shall serve as a release and assumption of risk for myself and for myself and for my heirs, administrators and executors and for all members of my family, including any minor accompanying me.
- I also agree that in the event of injury or illness, Pedalmore may provide evacuation, first aid and medical treatment at my expense and as such that I consent to evacuation, first aid and medical treatment; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless Pedalmore, their officers, officials, volunteers, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the activity (all of whom are referred to as ‘releasees’), with respect to any and all injury, illness, disability, death or loss or damage to person or property, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
Pedalmore accepts that a duty of care and responsibility is owed to each customer/ participant under their direction and undertakes to take all reasonable steps to safeguard the welfare of the participant during the course of the activity undertaken.
The above terms and conditions form part of the legal ‘Waiver’ document that needs to be printed, signed and provided to Pedalmore before the hire can be commenced. You can access the Waiver document at the top of this page.